Monday, June 16, 2008

water park




We spent the weekend in Brainerd, Mn. Blaine and I had our first inline marathon to compete in for the season. This happens to be my favorite marathon. Rolling hills, not a lot of people to get in my way and I won a prize last year and this year! We both completed the race and were happy with our times. Both got medals for our age classes. If only the rest of my races could go that well!


We got to spend a lot of time at the water park as well. At first the girls weren't so sure if they wanted to play in the water. Then...look out. They were sliding and splashing and didn't want to get out. Wynter was running around trying to make friends with everyone. If you know my daughter this is not typical behavior for her. She tends to be pretty shy. Autumn really enjoyed sitting in the the tube and floating in the mini river they have. We even got to play after we raced. Helped with the sore muscles.


Now, I just have to deal with the crabbiness of the kids and their mom for a few days until we get back onto our normal schedule. None of us do well when the girls don't get good naps and mom misses her break in the middle of the day. They are already whining and it is only 8am! yikes. Wish me luck.


No comments: